What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sterilization level of food packaging for aseptic processes

Started by , Mar 31 2017 01:29 PM
2 Replies

Hello!

I´m trying to develop a sterilization method for rigid paper containers for filling sweetened condensed milk and I´m struggling to define what will be the final microbial load for the packages.

I know that for aseptic processes the packages should be sterilize in order to obtain just a probability of finding a non-sterile unit among a big quantity of packages (e.g. finding 1 spore in 10,000 units), but Is there a method or legislation for the sterility level of aseptic packages?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Truffle sauce sterilization - F0 value Autoclaves for Dropper Sterilization ETO sterilization - Not a CCP
[Ad]

Dear Kahinagaki

There are several methods for the sterility level for aseptic packaging. attached is a publication which I have fond on the internet to overview some of those methods. In industry normal practice is to follow the general standard of finding  1 spore in 10,000 units. This is the practice which is followed by major suppliers of aseptic packing systems such as APV.

I have attach a publication which I found on the internet which will summarises  various available methods.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

MD

Halal International Services

Beverly Hills Australia

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Hello!

I´m trying to develop a sterilization method for rigid paper containers for filling sweetened condensed milk and I´m struggling to define what will be the final microbial load for the packages.

I know that for aseptic processes the packages should be sterilize in order to obtain just a probability of finding a non-sterile unit among a big quantity of packages (e.g. finding 1 spore in 10,000 units), but Is there a method or legislation for the sterility level of aseptic packages?

Thanks!

I assume these are customised containers to be used in a specific process..

The logical source for advice is probably the supplier.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Truffle sauce sterilization - F0 value Autoclaves for Dropper Sterilization ETO sterilization - Not a CCP How to calculate least sterilization value for acidified product? Organic spice sterilization Green Tea Powder Sterilization Why do you choose to carry out a sterilization process for some pastes as an acidified product? Microwave Sterilization of moringa leaf powder