What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Flooring Foodborne Disease

Started by , Mar 04 2004 09:57 PM
4 Replies
A new range of polyurethane resin-based floor systems that combines an antimicrobial layer has been launched. Manufacturer John Lord claims that this new innovation can help food manufacturers fight against microbes that cause food poisoning, odour and surface degradation at production level.

Read Full Article

Ed: Packaging companies to be the guinea pigs

Incidentally does anyone know where the saying "be the guinea pig" comes from and is there an equivalent in other languages...Franco.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is tape on production flooring allowed? SQF 9.1.2.4 - Can production flooring be of any color? Non-Slip Clean Room Flooring How do I prove that my rubber flooring is food safe? Recommended flooring for food (pickle) industry
[Ad]

Incidentally does anyone know where the saying "be the guinea pig" comes from and is there an equivalent in other languages...Franco.

Hi Simon.

What does "being the guinea pig" mean ?

I suppose it means being the testing and/or validation step of a new technology.

In Italy we say "fare la cavia" with the same meaning (cavia is italian for guinea pig).

What does "being the guinea pig" mean ?

I suppose it means being the testing and/or validation step of a new technology.

Good Morning Franco,

Yes, it means being the 'willing' or 'unwilling' person who is used as a subject for experimentation or research. Why Guinea Pig though?

Non capisco.

Simon

Why Guinea Pig though?

Guinea pigs were used in former times as experimental subject for in vivo testing of drugs, cosmetics and so on

I have a long list of human subjects to be used instead of Guinea pigs for the same purpose

Guinea pigs were used in former times as experimental subject for in vivo testing of drugs, cosmetics and so on 

Aha! Oh yes...

Similar Discussion Topics
Is tape on production flooring allowed? SQF 9.1.2.4 - Can production flooring be of any color? Non-Slip Clean Room Flooring How do I prove that my rubber flooring is food safe? Recommended flooring for food (pickle) industry Controls to prevent contamination when installing an epoxy flooring Linoleum flooring, consequences for BRC version 7 High solid epoxy vs polyurethane flooring....wet processing What type of flooring (epoxy or polyurethane)?