What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Locker inspection procedure

Started by , Jun 02 2017 09:17 AM
9 Replies

Good Day everyone,

I'm busy drafting a Locker Inspection procedure for our food manufaturing operation as required for food safety compliance. Any thoughts or ideas on what to include in such a procedure? Or does anyone have a template that I can customize for our operation.

I look forward to your responses...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How often are locker inspections required for SQF? Locker rooms instruction documents Suggestions for PPE Storage and Locker Rooms SQF 13.3.7.2 - Do we need to provide a locker for every employee? Locker Rooms - do we need 2 lockers?
[Ad]

Good Day everyone,

I'm busy drafting a Locker Inspection procedure for our food manufaturing operation as required for food safety compliance. Any thoughts or ideas on what to include in such a procedure? Or does anyone have a template that I can customize for our operation.

I look forward to your responses...

Hi Mbulelo,

It may relate to yr local legal situation with respect to employees' rights.

I'm moving to a new position in 2 weeks, the facility I am going to mandates that all lockers MUST be emptied at the end of the shift. If a lock is left on it will be cut off and the contents removed. It's terms of employment so all employees will know the requirement prior to beginning work there

At this point we keep a running roster of employees using lockers (updated as needed we employ a lot of temps), locker numbers etc. and perform random inspections. Our procedure states that lockers are randomly chosen and can not have a lock unless it's been issued by management (so we have a master key), date of inspection, locker inspected and who it is being used by and findings are listed. All in excel format whatever design works best. Our employees our informed that before a locker can be utilized random inspections are mandatory. Hope that helps!

1 Like1 Thank

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated!

What documentation do you use for this? Log?

At this point we keep a running roster of employees using lockers (updated as needed we employ a lot of temps), locker numbers etc. and perform random inspections. Our procedure states that lockers are randomly chosen and can not have a lock unless it's been issued by management (so we have a master key), date of inspection, locker inspected and who it is being used by and findings are listed. All in excel format whatever design works best. Our employees our informed that before a locker can be utilized random inspections are mandatory. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same question. Thanks for your input. Good information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember to include the exterior condition, and not just interior. On top of the lockers, under, etc. Also, be sure to have who is reposible for the locker e.g. locker number and supervisor told for instances of non-confirming findings.

Having a list of approved items in the locker helps when conducting a locker inspection to establish some consistency when performing the inspections. 

Similar Discussion Topics
How often are locker inspections required for SQF? Locker rooms instruction documents Suggestions for PPE Storage and Locker Rooms SQF 13.3.7.2 - Do we need to provide a locker for every employee? Locker Rooms - do we need 2 lockers? Food Safe Method for Controlling Locker Keys in Production Eating in locker areas?