What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP for warehouse

Started by , Mar 16 2006 07:43 PM
1 Reply
Currently my company has been asked to become HACCP compliant so a customer of ours can store their packaging materials in our warehouse. We will be transporting the goods to and from their facility. Having a background in transportation, I am not too familiar with HACCP. I am taking an online course but have discovered there are no real guidelines for packaging storage.

My question is where do I start? We have a secure facility that is FAST/C-TPAT compliant (US/CAN Border Security guidelines). What do I need to put into a HACCP plan to meet the requirements? Can someone direct me to some reading material or websites?

I have found this site very useful so far.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brad
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

Hello Brad,

Don't worry we'll try and help you. You're right you won't find any HACCP guidelines specific to warehousing and you are doing the right thing taking a course to get a basic understanding of the HACCP methodology.

This thread may be a good place for you to start:

Possible Risk in Warehousing Packaging Materials

There is a link on the thread to a very good article on the FoodSafety Magazine website; make sure you check it out. Once you have a better understanding of HACCP and the risks and control measures for your process you can get started developing your HACCP system and we can help you to develop a plan for this.

The more information you can provide about your warehouse the better, some photographs would be useful. If you help us we'll try our best to help you.

Welcome to the forums.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?