What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Level 1 Recommendations

Started by , Jul 14 2017 04:01 PM
2 Replies

Hi All, 

I am working in a small cheesecake Manufacturer and I would like to know what are the requirements for SQF Level 1. Where should I start? Thanks, 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Process Authority Recommendations? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body Nutrition Software Recommendations SQF 2.4.5.4 Supplier level of risk rating
[Ad]
1 Thank
I would start on the www.SQFI.com website and download a copy of the new edition 8.0 Food Safety Fundamentals which is the new name for level 1 and for audits after january 2nd, 2018.

Level one under 7.2 can still be done with audits completed prior to 1.2.18... my suggest if your company is only now getting started that you prepare for 8.0 version.

If I may be so bold I don't recommend any company get certified using this route as this entry level is not GFSI benchmarked nor have a requirement for haccp.

Experience shows that the majority of potential customers want SQF code level 2 under 7.2 or the equivalent under 8.0.

Considering that cheesecake is not a low risk item why go with an entry certification and not get the market shate that you should be getting.
1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Process Authority Recommendations? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body Nutrition Software Recommendations SQF 2.4.5.4 Supplier level of risk rating SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Any recommendations for a date label gun? Recommendations for Certification Bodies Group Level Risk Rating of food businesses Recommendations for Vegan and Gluten Free Certification