What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Plan question, troubles identifying CCP

Started by , Sep 13 2017 07:56 PM
3 Replies

I am a new Food Saftey Manager and I have been asked to create a HACCP plan for a sauce that is only mixed, no cooking. It only has ghee (clarified), coconut oil, MCT oil and sunflower lecithin. These items are just mixed and bottled, This is a shelf stable product that is being sold as an Omega Power Creamer. I am having troubles identifying CCP with this.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

I don't see any obvious CCP's from a traditional HACCP approach for this product. You will likely have preventive controls however for hazards associated with your ingredients, allergen preventive controls, and sanitation preventive controls.

With a HACCP plan doesn't mean you necessarily HAVE to have any CCP's.  If you can show that you thoroughly assessed your processes and your pre-requisite programs are robust enough and answer any safety artificial ones, it will only be an unnecessary and time consuming endeavor that really has no value added.  Make sure though that your allergen program is strong.  Are these bottled in glass or plastic?  If glass then you may need to make sure you have a very strong glass control program also.

Let me try again and hopefully not delete half my sentences in mid-flow so I make more sense, 9which admittedly would be a first for me):

With a HACCP plan doesn't mean you necessarily HAVE to have any CCP's.  If you can show that you thoroughly assessed your processes and your pre-requisite programs are robust enough and answer any safety issues, you will be fine, you don't necessarily need CCP's.  Just show your pre-req's address the issues.

If you create artificial CCP's, it will only be an unnecessary and time consuming endeavor that really has no value added. And will ultimately cause you more problems.  It is a good way to set yourself up for trouble.

Make sure though that your allergen program is strong.  Are these bottled in glass or plastic?  If glass then you may need to make sure you have a very strong glass control program also.

There that make more sense?

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken?