What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Storing ingredients in an outside warehouse

Started by , Sep 29 2017 12:57 PM
1 Reply

Hi,

We are planning on storing some of our ingredients in a warehouse outside our facility. It is not our warehouse, we will be using a warehouse company for this purpose. Now, would this warehouse company be called a subcontractor as per BRC? I was looking at 3.5.4.2 clause and just not sure if this will fall into that clause or not. Could someone please give me your thoughts from your past experience?

Appreciate your input.

RTP

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Storing food under fly killers
[Ad]

I'm coming from SQF - we have a similar situation and call it a contract service provider.  We risk-assess the service and come up with requirements for them, including a food safety audit from us or an accredited third party.

Similar Discussion Topics
Plexiglass for storing glove boxes Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Storing food under fly killers Sheets of plastic - storing in cardboard Storing Packaging in Product Boxes Storing filled beer kegs outside Temperature references for processing, manufacturing and storing in a cheese and meat factory Food Safety Concerns Storing CBD (Cannabidiol) in (Food and Beverages)