What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Database for food ingredients request

Started by , Oct 10 2017 08:41 PM
1 Reply

Hi,

I am looking for helpful tools to do thorough risk analysis on ingredients.  I have developed what I feel is a stringent ingredient review process, but would really like feedback from other food safety professionals on if there is a database that covers biological, physical, and chemical hazards that are presented to many common food ingredients.  When I need to determine a food hazard that affects an ingredient I usually go searching for scientific studies on Google.  As you can imagine this is very time consuming to not only find them, but to read through them.  Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Food Fraud Database (Free) Regulatory Compliance Database Third Party Service USDA database for food labels NetSuite for LIMS/Quality Testing Database
[Ad]

Hi,

I am looking for helpful tools to do thorough risk analysis on ingredients.  I have developed what I feel is a stringent ingredient review process, but would really like feedback from other food safety professionals on if there is a database that covers biological, physical, and chemical hazards that are presented to many common food ingredients.  When I need to determine a food hazard that affects an ingredient I usually go searching for scientific studies on Google.  As you can imagine this is very time consuming to not only find them, but to read through them.  Thanks!

Hi plucas,

Yes there are.

Actually yr request is a frequent one. Particularly for micro. data.

I suggest you initially go to page linked below, type "database" (no inverted comma) into first box then click search. This will give a list of related topics. If you prefer to directly see a list of the specific post(s) there is an option box near the bottom of search page.

http://www.ifsqn.com...earch_in=forums

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Food Fraud Database (Free) Regulatory Compliance Database Third Party Service USDA database for food labels NetSuite for LIMS/Quality Testing Database Risk Assessment Template and Supplier Recall Database Ingredient Sourcing Database? Food Fraud Database Does anyone know of a free food fraud database? Microsoft Access Database for Document Management