• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 15 November 2022 - 10:04 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a general regulatory question, I hope it's ok to post it here. My employer is looking for a third party service that is able to provide a searchable food additive database that enables us to check a specific food additive application compliance in specific a specific country (e.g., Can Xanthan gum be used in frozen dairy application in the US and what is the limit) our market is global so of course we need other countries outside the US too. 

Kindly let me know if there is any service that you can recommend. 

thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 November 2022 - 04:26 PM

Hello everyone!

I have a general regulatory question, I hope it's ok to post it here. My employer is looking for a third party service that is able to provide a searchable food additive database that enables us to check a specific food additive application compliance in specific a specific country (e.g., Can Xanthan gum be used in frozen dairy application in the US and what is the limit) our market is global so of course we need other countries outside the US too. 

Kindly let me know if there is any service that you can recommend. 

thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Hi Rd,

In view of the absolute number of existing, categorised, food additives and the number of Countries in the World, I doubt that yr generic requirement exists. However I'm equally fascinated to be proven wrong. Good Luck !

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

paulwill10124

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2022 - 05:43 PM

This question intrigued me so I used Google and surprisingly found https://www.foodadditivedatabase.com/  which claims to do just what you want it to do.  It's a subscription based website that's quite expensive but it may be worth it for you.

Hope this helps.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 15 November 2022 - 06:04 PM

May your label approval service could be ok help? Who produces your labels?

-Setanta         

Rdaryaatmaka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:16 AM

Hi Rd,

In view of the absolute number of existing, categorised, food additives and the number of Countries in the World, I doubt that yr generic requirement exists. However I'm equally fascinated to be proven wrong. Good Luck !

Hi Charles, thanks! It does exist and we have one already. we are just looking for alternative as the price of the current one is pretty expensive :) 

Rdaryaatmaka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:17 AM

This question intrigued me so I used Google and surprisingly found https://www.foodadditivedatabase.com/  which claims to do just what you want it to do.  It's a subscription based website that's quite expensive but it may be worth it for you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I have contacted them as well :) 

Rdaryaatmaka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:19 AM

May your label approval service could be ok help? Who produces your labels?

We are B2B so we don't do the label ourselves. We are providing the compliance check support for our customer. As I mentioned in other post, we already do have the service that fulfills our need, we are just looking for alternatives

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users