What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Meeting HACCP Requirements of GFSI Benchmarked Standards

Started by , Oct 15 2017 07:22 PM
4 Replies
Meeting HACCP Requirements of GFSI Benchmarked Standards

Start Time: 1.10 p.m. London, 8.10 a.m. New York

Tony Connor, Chief Technical Advisor, IFSQN

GFSI benchmarking requirements state that standards shall require that the organisation has in place a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point system (HACCP) to identify and control all food safety hazards including allergens, to demonstrate food safety management and that the HACCP system shall be systematic, comprehensive and thorough and shall be based on the Codex Alimentarius HACCP principles. In addition, the HACCP system must be capable of accommodating change, such as advances in equipment design, processing procedures or technological developments. The scope of the HACCP system must be required to be defined per product / product category and per process line / process-location. We will discuss these requirements and how they are applied in GFSI benchmarked standards.
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Meeting checklist Developing meeting minutes for the TACCP-VACCP team Agenda in Food Safety Meeting Monthly meeting template covering the BRCGS requirements as per 1.1.5 SQF Monthly Management Meeting
[Ad]

Is Receiving of Materials considered as a CCPs?

my operation uses metal detector as CCP and as I understand it they all have different detection sensitivity, is there a widely/accepted guidance on how small should the metal detector able to detect for certain food category? e.g. oil, fats, flour, sugar, rice ,etc

Is Receiving of Materials considered as a CCPs?

Frequently these days regarded as PRPs, especially if iso-haccp oriented, but some people still use CCPs.

my operation uses metal detector as CCP and as I understand it they all have different detection sensitivity, is there a widely/accepted guidance on how small should the metal detector able to detect for certain food category? e.g. oil, fats, flour, sugar, rice ,etc

I'm afraid the global answer is No.

Yr question is really asking as to whether there is an accepted maximum size for "non-hazardous" metal fragments. Same answer.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Meeting checklist Developing meeting minutes for the TACCP-VACCP team Agenda in Food Safety Meeting Monthly meeting template covering the BRCGS requirements as per 1.1.5 SQF Monthly Management Meeting Template for a Monthly Meeting Agenda ISO 22000:2018 - management review meeting requirement HACCP Team Meeting Is humour possible in a management review meeting? Managemnet Review Meeting