What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acceptability Canadian Listeria method for EU/US ?

Started by , Nov 06 2017 10:33 PM
2 Replies

Hi

Does anyone know if the rapid Listeria method MFLP-28 (BAX method, MID-112) is acceptable for use in food samples for EU or the US? In the past, we have used MFHPB-30 and I think MFLP-74

I know that it can be used in Canada without issue.

thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to determine a false reject rate acceptability threshold? Suitability/Acceptability of cleaning chemicals Acceptability of skylight over a food chemical manufacturing area Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Acceptability of tiny food residues on conveyor after cleaning
[Ad]

Does the manufacturer of the study have validation data? I would think that would be sufficient proof for the FDA / USDA, but I don't know for certain. Is there any way to validate it in your food matrix under your testing conditions?

Typically if it's an AOAC method then FSIS tends to be pretty good with it. Internal validation data against the USDA MLG or FDA BAM method is always ideal for your specific food, as surprises happen.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to determine a false reject rate acceptability threshold? Suitability/Acceptability of cleaning chemicals Acceptability of skylight over a food chemical manufacturing area Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Acceptability of tiny food residues on conveyor after cleaning Swab test reference to demonstrate acceptability