What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to confirm the effectiveness of the boot washer?

Started by , Nov 22 2017 10:19 AM
3 Replies

Hi 

We use bootwashers at each entry point to our production areas. 

We currently are using a sanitiser in the bootwasher. 

I am currently using microbilogical sampling after washing the boots to monitor the effectivness of the bootwasher. 

Despite the bootwasher being cleaned daily, and swabbing the boots after cleaning, we are seeing high level micro results 

Can anyone please advice if santiser is appropraite or should i be looking at a disinfectant and what types of organisms should i realy be monitoring to confirm the effecitvness of the boot washer. 

Thank you 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Testing Allergen Cleaning Effectiveness SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code System for verifying the effectiveness of the communication plan
[Ad]
You didn't mention what kind of scrubber/sanitizer you have.

However, we have found after much trial and error the that the best one is the Meritech XFA Footwear Hygiene System.

Their system has a very effective sanitizer time for contact and an automatic recharger for maintaining PPM levels.

Here is the link:
1 Like1 Thank

Sanitizer is what you should be using. Do you monitor the concentration/ppm? This may be your problem.

Boot washers do not have a great reputation for ongoing effectiveness. IMO, good for gross debris, but no so much from a microbial stand point

I've had much better luck with a dry quat on the floor in granular form (if your process can manage this) along with employees manually scrubbing boots at end of shift

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Testing Allergen Cleaning Effectiveness SQF 2.3.3.2 - High Risk co-manufacturers - confirm compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code System for verifying the effectiveness of the communication plan Grease trap effectiveness Measuring the Effectiveness of Elements of the SQF system? Validation and Effectiveness Choosing a steam pressure washer equipment Can someone confirm that FSC 20 Recipe Meals does not apply to us