What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.6.6.3 - Vehicles Need Seals

Started by , Dec 07 2017 06:02 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone, just wondering what your thoughts are on the new element....

11.6.6.3 Vehicles (e.g. trucks/vans/containers) shall be secured from tampering using a seal or other agreed upon, acceptable device or system.  

We are a small/medium sized company who frequently uses LTL Freight, and want to know what everyone else is doing?  We feel we can get our suppliers to guarantee us seals, but we use a lot of different companies for shipping out, and we even use UPS and Fedex for shipping.  Ignoring those two, how do we ensure the product gets to the customer without asking for BOL's with accurate comments on our Seal use throughout the journey?  Do most people just slap a seal on the truck and not follow through?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? Broken drum seals SOP Locks and seals on food trucks What action can be taken for broken tamper bands and seals on a received honey tote? Tamper evident seals on glass bottles
[Ad]

Can't seal LTL shipments going out really. "other agreed upon system" is your key element. I would get UPS/Fedex etc. their "guarantee" to protect shipments and use that as an acceptable system.

"...using a seal or other agreed upon, acceptable device or system."

Heck of catchall isn't it?

Or as one facility owner said to me several weeks ago - what a sticky wicket this is gonna be.

Well, not really.

I rarely see seals, most of what I see are padlocks.

System could easily mean (as applied by many of our LTL clients) that the load is checked at intervals while transporting, thus a document saying so from the shipper/driver that the facility maintains on file satisfies.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? Broken drum seals SOP Locks and seals on food trucks What action can be taken for broken tamper bands and seals on a received honey tote? Tamper evident seals on glass bottles How do you measure the temperature at dispatch of transport vehicles? Requirement for Tamper Evident Seals Cleaning and Sanitation of Tranport Vehicles Anybody familiar with ISO17712 for security seals? How often should we be testing for weak seals?