Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 April 2023 - 03:27 PM

How do people handle broken drum seals? We have add some incidents of broken seals where part of the seal is still attached, or its obvious drums have rubbed together and broke. 

These are usually aseptic product so if they were tampered with they were start to bloat etc.. Does any one have an SOP with a decision tree on how to decide if to possibly accept or reject. Or do most people just reject? Its hard to go back to the supplier since its been shipped in a container, then off loaded and then shipped to a offsite warehouse or on to a truck to the plant. And sometimes its not noted until its brought out to production. So its hard to state where it happened in the chain.

Kim 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 May 2023 - 04:56 AM

Hi Kim,

The standard answer is you should be rejecting any containers arriving with broken seals. Clearly you need to tighten up on your acceptance procedures so that they can be rejected at the relevant step and returned to the supplier.

You don't mention what is in the drums and the origin, it may be that you consider the risk to be minimal but to my mind it isn't worth taking any risk over. I would only consider using if it is impossible to deliberately tamper with the product in the drum/add an unknown to the drum.

Kind regards,

Tony

• G M likes this

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users