What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Alcohol Strength Limit of Error

Started by , Feb 26 2018 12:43 PM
1 Reply

All Hi,

Im wondering does anyone have the most current rules on the LOE of abv on alcoholic drinks? I can't find any useful information anywhere. I want to be able to work out if i need to re-process a wine/cider/gin/rum for example if the abv comes back higher of lower than stated on the bottle.

Thanks

Jimmy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Alcohol Beverage No HACCP Do we have to state alcohol in our label or if it's <1,2% we don't have to declare it? Alcohol Sanitiser VS Alcohol Free? TTB Alcohol Tax Refund Alcohol Based Cleaning Solution for Food Contact Surface
[Ad]

Hi Jimmy,

If you plan on making alcoholic beverages for the USA, you can go to www.ttb.gov to view regulations for alcohol content and allowable tolerances.  For example, distilled spirits generally allow a loss of 0.15% ABV; but no tolerance is allowed for an increase in the ABV.  Beer and wine have different alcohol content tolerances. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Alcohol Beverage No HACCP Do we have to state alcohol in our label or if it's <1,2% we don't have to declare it? Alcohol Sanitiser VS Alcohol Free? TTB Alcohol Tax Refund Alcohol Based Cleaning Solution for Food Contact Surface What is the acceptable alcohol content of hand sanitizer used in the facility? Winery - Alcohol Manufacturers - Are you out there? Safety with sugar syrups and alcohol. Using Alcohol in Bottled Sauces Why is alcohol hand sanitizer not approved for organic products?