What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Contract manufacturers SQF food manufacturing- 2.3.4

Started by , Mar 05 2018 05:49 PM
2 Replies

Is a packaging company that you purchase bags from a contract manufacturer?  I am under the understanding that contract manufacturers are places that produce your product or your process for you.  Can someone give a good example of what a contract manufacturer would be?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category?
[Ad]

We have a client that manufacturers freeze dried dog food.

They package most of their own items except for salmon and lamb treats.

They have two contract manufacturers that handle this for them.

Each of the manufacturers packs their product into our clients packaging - for all intents and purposes the salmon and lamb treats appear to come from our client.

So the company that provides you with packaging is a supplier and not a contract manufacturer.

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you.  That is what I thought, the SQFP before me noted that we did not have any contract manufactures but then continued to list out what we do with our suppliers..

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? SAQ for Contract Service Suppliers Approved Supplier Program and Non-Contract and Contract Service Providers SQF 11.6.5 - Contract example for trucking companies Contract Manufacture for Dietary Supplement - who is responsible for the shelf life study? Where can I find a good template for a contract agreement for a co-manufacturer?