What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What data is needed to support QCP1?

Started by , Mar 15 2018 07:21 PM
5 Replies
Hey all,
We just had our SQF audit and got points taken off for not having data to support QCP1. I know that is for the new 8th addition.
Can I have more info about that? What kinda data needed?

Thank you !(:
Alina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Leaving Due to Lack of Support and Moral Objections Compressed air testing needed? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Data logger monitoring
[Ad]

What is your QCP?

It is quality control point

It is quality control point

Hi alina,

3F probably meant we need to know details of yr product/process/Food Quality Plan. so as to assist further.

QCP, (= quality control point), are IMO one of SQF's  stupidities.

The specific terminology/acronym are nowhere mentioned in the Code/Glossary/Guidance but are "deduced" to be required.

For a rather meandering explanation see this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...at-are-qcp-qas/

(particularly post 9 et seq)

PS - Just to be sure, I assume you did not mean "CQP" ( = Critical Quality Point)

Thank you !(:

Hi alina,

3F probably meant we need to know details of yr product/process/Food Quality Plan. so as to assist further.

QCP, (= quality control point), are IMO one of SQF's  stupidities.

The specific terminology/acronym are nowhere mentioned in the Code/Glossary/Guidance but are "deduced" to be required.

They did a good job being consistent with version 8 of the code and have a specified definition in the guidance:

"Critical Quality Points (CQPs) are steps in the process where control is essential to eliminate an identified threat or reduce it to an acceptable level, e.g. weights, colour, dimensions, viscosity etc. Codex includes a decision tree for determining CCPs in food safety plan, which will works well for CQP determination. Again, the methodology chosen for determining CQPs must be applied consistently. If a threat has been identified as significant and no control measure exists for that threat, then the process must be changed to ensure control can be applied at some point in the process."

It should be noted that CQP's are not necessary to maintain a GFSI-approved audit scheme through SQF, and is an additional audit/certification solely under the jurisdiction of SQF.

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Leaving Due to Lack of Support and Moral Objections Compressed air testing needed? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Data logger monitoring Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? FSVP - what is needed in addition to HARPC supply-chain program? Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers Enzymes - Are they needed on the Ingredients List? Creating Our Own COAs Based on Lab Data