What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Seafood Transportation mixed with other products

Started by , Apr 18 2018 07:56 PM
8 Replies

We are a broadline distribution company. We distribute fresh seafood on the same truck as other products. We build our pallets so seafood is placed towards the bottom to reduce the risk of contamination. However, is the mere fact that we transport fresh seafood in the same truck as other items a cause for concern? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Critical limits in seafood Supplier Approval Program for Seafood
[Ad]

On the surface yes.

Seafood on the bottom - what's on the top?

What is sealed, what is not?

Agree with Glen. If everything is completely packaged, then not really, no different than having seafood in a grocery freezer next to other items or LTL shipments mixing. If it's open and exposed, it shouldn't be commingling with RTE materials.

We also transport fresh produce cases. These cases are open on the top and vented on the sides, i.e. exposed to the environment. These cases are packed on top of seafood items.

Define commingling? Can the items be on the same pallet if properly stacked?

Frozen, chilled, un-refrigerated ???

We are transporting fresh seafood, i.e. refrigerated.

Ouch, I wouldn't want my non -seafood product on the same truck as open unprotected chilled seafood.

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Critical limits in seafood Supplier Approval Program for Seafood SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Seafood Hazards Master Guide Allergen Labeling Seafood Seafood and Spoilage organism Seafood HACCP Plans