What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Birds Nest F0 of 2.8 sterilisation

Started by , May 07 2018 04:21 PM
5 Replies

Hi all,

I'm looking at doing some sterilisation of edible bird's nest. If you don't know what that is check here https://en.wikipedia...ble_bird's_nest

For sterilisation to occur I either need a core temperature of 100°C or an F0 value of 2.8. The problem I have is putting something like this in an oven at 100°C will most likely destroy the product, and boiling it would cause it to lose form.

So I was just wondering what other ways are possible to meet this criteria? I've looked into F0 values and used the calculator at dairyscience, but I just don't quite understand it all and how it might give me a solution.

Cheers!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds Pests (birds) entering the production area Looking for some creative ideas for fending off birds Control of birds visiting the garbage area? Birds Eye
[Ad]

Could you put it in a retort? or Autoclave?

Scampi,

Your simple sentence led me down a new path of thinking which led me to another one which ended up solving my issue.

Brilliant thank you :)

That's why we should all think out loud!!!  Glad it got you where you needed to be

Scampi,

Your simple sentence led me down a new path of thinking which led me to another one which ended up solving my issue.

Brilliant thank you :)

It would be nice if you could share yr brainstorm ?.

It depends on yr ultimate intentions of course  but F0 of 2.8 is IIRC on the low practical end of most sterilised canned food items.

Then again I've never encountered canned birdsdnest althought i have sampled the restaurant version. Once.

1 Like

Once lol.....your braver than I am Charles!

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds Pests (birds) entering the production area Looking for some creative ideas for fending off birds Control of birds visiting the garbage area? Birds Eye