• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Hong Kong
    Hong Kong

Posted 26 April 2023 - 07:45 AM

Hi guys,

I just wondering how can I convince auditor effectively on preventing the birds entering buidings.

The site is surrounded by cement wall. However some birds always stay on there for a period on time, is that already violated this clause..? I did hang some CDs and try to expel that but seems not really work. 

Any experinces/effective way you can share to me on this?

thank you very much!

Cheers,

David Li

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 153 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2023 - 09:00 AM

Hi David, 

You can collated the history evidence of birds control, for example lack of NC`s from daily issues or lack of NC`s from pest control visits for birds entry. You can also put spikes on the roof, plus you can do a briefing for Warehouse to keep the shutters/ doors always closed. 

;) 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,244 posts
  • 1297 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:52 AM

Hi David,

Surrounding walls are not likely to be places where birds will persist. You need to take measures to prevent access and roosting if appropriate. One such measure would be to install netting in loading/unloading areas.

BRCGS Guidance offer this:

The site (or its pest management contractor) should use a risk assessment approach to establish whether there is any potential for the ingress of birds, or for roosting and nesting at loading or unloading areas, and to assess the measures required to mitigate the risk.

The expectation here is not necessarily to rebuild or reconfigure facilities; instead, the intention is to recognise any potential problems and take steps to remove or mitigate these risks from birds roosting and nesting.

Your pest contractor should be looking at this for you and making recommendations if preventative measures are needed.

Kind regards,

Tony

David Li

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Hong Kong
    Hong Kong

Posted 12 May 2023 - 12:42 AM

Hi Dorothy and Tony,

Useful and helpful information! I have been take action on this, thank you very much!

Best regards,

David

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users