What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Temperature of dough before baking

Started by , May 22 2018 04:50 PM
3 Replies

I work in a bakery and I am trying to create hazard analysis for all our doughs.  I found a very thorough hazard analysis for baking that I have been using as a guideline.  One of the steps is to take the temperature of the dough during the mixing stage before baking.  Is this a food safety step? Or a concern for the yeast for fear of killing it with the heat created by mixing? Appreciate any feedback...

Thank you! Gwyn

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold
[Ad]

Check out this article, it is regarding Tortillas (my industry) however should give some insight.  

https://www.tortilla.../tortilla-tips/

Dear Gwyn,

It's likely to be a quality parameter and not a food safety step. As the article shows, even for tortillas the dough temperature is essential. And so it is for bread, puff pastry, cakes to mention just a few examples.

However, look to your own product, process and the intended use of your finished products. That can be of influence on your food safety plan and transform the temperature in a food safety criterion, that has to be controlled.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

would anyone be able to link me to that tortilla article? it appears to be broked and i find myself in a position to need to learn about tortillas.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Monitoring the temperature of a canteen fridge Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Core temperature of meat products