What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

File cabinet security

Started by , Jul 09 2018 02:33 PM
6 Replies

Hello all,

For those of us who still have paper records, stored in a physical file cabinet, do you have your file cabinet locked during working hours?  Also, do you require your file cabinets to be fire-proof?

We are regulated in the United States under 21 CFR Parts 111 and 117 but these are not requirements for us.

Thank you,

Matthew

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cutting and creasing knives file ISO 9001 9.2.1 - Customer File Review For Artwork and Labelling Issues How do I file a food recall notification in the US if I am a food manufacturer? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins SQF Audit Questionnaire File
[Ad]

No and No.

Marshall

1 Thank

Yes and Yes

1 Thank

No and NO

Yes, it is our company procedure for records to be monitored and/or locked up.  No, not fireproof.

Hi Mathewcc,

Yes, we put it on a cabinet and lock it to secure it from unnecessary access from other employees. We leave the job to our Document Control Officer. We also ensure that it is duly protected from fire because we use our records for traceability purposes.

No - ours is kept in the lab, which is restricted access inside the plant, and the plant is locked (keypad access only).

No - all of our records are also kept digitally in one form or another, for backup redundancy.

Similar Discussion Topics
Cutting and creasing knives file ISO 9001 9.2.1 - Customer File Review For Artwork and Labelling Issues How do I file a food recall notification in the US if I am a food manufacturer? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins SQF Audit Questionnaire File SQF Edition 9 - file organization How to Organize an SQF File? Looking for a guideline or template for a health and safety file Where do you store/file paperwork? Manufacturer of wood pallets, Can I file for exemption for 2.4.3?