What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

PROP 65 Compliance letter

Started by , Jul 17 2018 03:40 PM
2 Replies

Got thrown a curve ball today regarding a customer who wants a signed PROP 65 Compliance letter.

We make printed folding boxes.  Nothing in SQF is directed towards this regulation that goes into effect on August 30th.  

Can anyone tell me how you addressed this in the manufacture of printed packaging?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Prop 65, REACH, RoHS Status? California Prop 65- Mercury Allowable Limits? Prop 65 - ug/kg conversions to ug/day Does a non-retail product require a Prop 65 warning on our labeling? Prop 65 for PET packaging
[Ad]

I push the request down to my paper and ink/coating suppliers. Once they provide me evidence of meeting the requirements, I provide it to my customer on signed letterhead. 

PEACEQUEEN, most of your suppliers will be able to give you this as it is a requirement for many companies now. I would suggest a method similar to what I have. I have a file system where I maintain all pertinent documentation (FDA Letters, Prop 65, or SFI [we are flexible packaging]), and I update this each year and as we add new suppliers. But within it I have a checklist showing what requirements we need for audit purposes, and the date that it was received. Hope this helps! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Prop 65, REACH, RoHS Status? California Prop 65- Mercury Allowable Limits? Prop 65 - ug/kg conversions to ug/day Does a non-retail product require a Prop 65 warning on our labeling? Prop 65 for PET packaging Prop 65 Calculations CA Prop. 65 Acrylamide in Roasted Sesame Seeds Prop 65 - Supplier Approval?