Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2023 - 03:01 PM

I was sent a form to fill out and I am not familiar with Prop 65, REACH, or RoHS Status.  I looked up all the ingredients in Prop 65 and none of ours were listed.  But I'm clueless about our ingredients being REACH, or their RoHS Status.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 17 October 2023 - 11:44 AM

Greetings,

RoHS substances:

Cadmium (Cd): < 100 ppm
Lead (Pb): < 1000 ppm
Mercury (Hg): < 1000 ppm
Hexavalent Chromium: (Cr VI) < 1000 ppm
Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB): < 1000 ppm
Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE): < 1000 ppm
Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP): < 1000 ppm
Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP): < 1000 ppm
Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): < 1000 ppm
Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): < 1000 ppm

For REACH you can start here:
and
But it is no that simple. You have to define what part of the supply chain you belong to and see what is required. There is a ton of registered substances, which you can check and also for those you use you have to have all the appropriate documentation (MSDS, proper labelling etc etc). In case you are a manufacturer and the chemicals you produce are not registered then you need to register them. This is more of a compliance to the legislation and checking that you use registered approved chemicals.

Regards!

Thanked by 1 Member:

MlissaB

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 20 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 October 2023 - 06:09 PM

I was sent a form to fill out and I am not familiar with Prop 65, REACH, or RoHS Status.  I looked up all the ingredients in Prop 65 and none of ours were listed.  But I'm clueless about our ingredients being REACH, or their RoHS Status.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!

Take a look at RoHS. Depending on what you are supplying it may not apply. My company supplies packaging so it does not apply to the products we sell.  Below is the information around it. 

The RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive applies to businesses that sell applicable electrical or electronic products, equipment, sub-assemblies, cables, components, or spare parts. This directive applies specifically to the restriction of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. 

I have a standard statement I supply customers when they ask for whether or not we comply that explains this and that it does not apply to our products so we don't manage to it.

Hope that helps.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users