What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Soybean Oil Refinery HACCP

Started by , Sep 04 2018 02:12 PM
4 Replies

Looking for a basic outline of a HACCP plan for a Soybean Oil Refinery.  Particularly interested in what CCP's were identified and how controled.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered If a product contains less than 2% soybean oil does the label have to state that it contains soy? How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? SOP for Soybean oil processing Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil
[Ad]

Check each section of this draft guidance.  https://www.fda.gov/...a/ucm517402.pdf

Page 67: identifies no bio hazards

Page 134: identifies "mycotoxins / natural toxins" as a potential hazard

Page 216: identifies "undeclared allergens - incorrect label", "undeclared allergen - cross contact", and "glass (when product is packed in glass)" as potential physical hazards

Once you identify the hazards, you should be able to identify how those hazards are controlled and which of those controls are critical.

From my experience (and knowing nothing about what you do), I would expect "product screening" to be a CCP to remove physical hazards from the oil prior to shipping.

Thank you, this helps confirm what I have started.  We currently are a manufacturer of roasted soybeans and an extruded soybean meal product for the dairy feed industry.  A byproduct is crude soybean oil.  We are currently constructing a Soybean Oil Refinery to take the crude soybean oil from our feed manufacturing plants and refine for bulk sales into the Food market (vs. our current dairy cattle feed market).

Currently I have id'ed CCP's as our Deodorizing step (high temp under vacuum - kill step) and a final filtration step before bulk storage.

Below is probably not US-specific but seems that elsewhere CCPs vs PRPs may be contentious -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ned-edible-oil/

(see the sublinks, Post2)

1 Thank

Thanks Charles.C  I have reviewed this information previously and found it helpful.  In practice, I tend to be a skeptic and look for updates/changes or contradictory information thus my decision to issue a new post.  I appreciate your help with this and previous posts!

Similar Discussion Topics
Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered If a product contains less than 2% soybean oil does the label have to state that it contains soy? How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? SOP for Soybean oil processing Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil Food grade factory partitions for soybean processing What are the microbiological risks with Pure Soybean Oil? Allergen Statement Refined Soybean Oil (RBD Environmental Monitoring Program for Soybean Oil Refinery HACCP GMP SSOP Procedures for production of Edible Soybean Oil