What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Measuring Viscosity of tea and juices

Started by , Sep 13 2018 02:09 PM
1 Reply

I've been tasked to find the best method for measuring viscosity and I have a couple of hours to do it. I am at a plant that will be running tea and juices. Would my best bet be to get a electronic viscometer or are there other methods that I can do? I've been looking for any sort of conversions from other measurements I already take or any thing I have currently but I'm not finding any method that works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? Measuring pH of cheese curds when making cheese Gluten Free Measuring Measuring a 3rd party sanitation performance Measuring the Effectiveness of Elements of the SQF system?
[Ad]

A few ways to measure it.  Your best bet is to get a viscometer (they have them on amazon).  Regardless of the type that you get it is going to run you anywhere from $500 to $2000 but it will be more accurate then the low tech ways of pulling out a beaker, stopwatch and calculator.  I would rely on automated science for this one.

Similar Discussion Topics
How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? Measuring pH of cheese curds when making cheese Gluten Free Measuring Measuring a 3rd party sanitation performance Measuring the Effectiveness of Elements of the SQF system? SQF Edition 9 - Measuring Food Safety Culture Method for measuring pinhole size in food packaging Measuring the pH of sorbic acid (powder form) Sampling points for measuring air changes per hour within a high risk area Validation of CCP - Measuring Product Water Activity