What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Solution for microbial dilutions

Started by , Sep 25 2018 05:52 AM
1 Reply

Hi everyone!

We are currently launching two new products in the fermented milk category, one being an ambient drinking yogurt made from reconstituted milk. I am doing basic microbial tests on the products, but I am unsure as to which water I should be using for my dilutions. 

I am testing for Total aerobic Microorganisms, Yeasts and Moulds, Enterobacteriaceae and Bacillus cereus. 

Is it a must to use Buffered Peptone water for my serial dilutions? What solution would be the best for these tests? 

I will appreciate your advice! Thank you :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Solution to nonconformance for doors to hall being left open Looking for a chemical solution preferably with sanitizer for our dishwashing unit Appropriate concentration for iodine sanitizer solution in foot mat Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? No fencing around outdoor tanks - need creative solution
[Ad]

The best think to use is Maximum Recovery Diluent (MRD) which is a saline solution containing peptone lower than in Buffered Peptone Water. The osmotic pressure is isotonic to the cell plasma, therefore, it doesn't harm the microbial cells and the cells do not divide in the 45 mins duration of preparing the diluent and testing because of minimal amount of peptone.

Similar Discussion Topics
Solution to nonconformance for doors to hall being left open Looking for a chemical solution preferably with sanitizer for our dishwashing unit Appropriate concentration for iodine sanitizer solution in foot mat Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? No fencing around outdoor tanks - need creative solution Environmentally Friendly Solution to Spread Over Standing Water Announcing ESG LEAD - A new software solution for transparent supply chains Alcohol Based Cleaning Solution for Food Contact Surface Introducing our newest solution: Safefood 360° Risk Root cause and solution for sporadic complaints of mould with MAP bread