What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety in the manufacture of stainless steel filter bags

Started by , Nov 06 2018 07:41 AM
6 Replies

hello , everyone 

we want to manufacture stainless steel filter bags internally by ourselves is that the BRC requires a certificate of guarantee for the filter bags too? we are in the refining of the oil industry, and the filter bags consists in filtering the incoming oil while keeping its constant temperature thanks to the hot water which surrounds the filter bags, (normally the risk incurred is the passage of the heating water in oil) but we will perform tests before launching production

do you guys think that we would need a certificate of guarantee or just tests recording ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi, Selmaasli.

I wonder how can you make stainless steel filter bag or I cant imagine how it would look like.  First and foremost, are the people trained in the facility to create such? Are the materials available for you to be able to withstand your normal process of operation (including dismantling). Depending on how confident you are with your capability then decide from that. 

Normally, the test you use to measure the mesh use "certified" balls or test rod.  But if what you fabricated gets distorted overtime as it is not fitted with the operation, no matter the test or certification it may just give "false sense" of security.

1 Thank

Hi, Selmaasli.

I wonder how can you make stainless steel filter bag or I cant imagine how it would look like.  First and foremost, are the people trained in the facility to create such? Are the materials available for you to be able to withstand your normal process of operation (including dismantling). Depending on how confident you are with your capability then decide from that. 

Normally, the test you use to measure the mesh use "certified" balls or test rod.  But if what you fabricated gets distorted overtime as it is not fitted with the operation, no matter the test or certification it may just give "false sense" of security.

thank you for you response , 

well it's a stainless steel filter for oil, we will perform pressure tests at the beginning, but if you want to comply with the BRC, do we gonna need equipment warranty certificates ?

To clarify:

You're making the stainless steel mesh filters and what to know what your customers will require and what BRC requires from you?

To clarify:

You're making the stainless steel mesh filters and what to know what your customers will require and what BRC requires from you?

yes exactly , i wanna know what brc require from us ?

BRC, AFAIN, will not require you to "certify" or guarantee your products BUT your customers WILL....or at lease I would if I were buying your prouduct: 

I would want to know

Type of welds used

Size of holes

Maintenance needed

Chemicals that i could and could not use

Lifespan

failure rates

I assume BRC's primary haccp involvement is regarding the safety of the refined oil.

I imagine BRC's main "filter" interest, if any, would be whether the filter(s)/filter stage  either (a) presents its own contamination hazard to the oil, eg filter integrity/low grade steel, or (b) fails to function, eg does not satisfactorily remove any known foreign bodies in the oil.

Sounds like you will need some validation/verification data if a potential hazard is considered to exist.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces