What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is Allergen control required in a distribution center?

Started by , Nov 19 2018 05:00 PM
5 Replies

I am trying to implement an allergen program in our facility which is a Distribution Center and everything is finished good in cans or jars nothing is opened and exposed to our environment, do we still have to implement an allergen control procedure for our facility? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?
[Ad]

I am trying to implement an allergen program in our facility which is a Distribution Center and everything is finished good in cans or jars nothing is opened and exposed to our environment, do we still have to implement an allergen control procedure for our facility? 

Yes, however, your program will be more focused on Employee training and understanding of the "Big 8" Allergens and Allergen Spillage control (in case a spillage occurs).

thanks, do I have to label each pallet and do I have to stack them according to there allergen profile despite they are FG?

thanks, do I have to label each pallet and do I have to stack them according to there allergen profile despite they are FG?

If you are handling few products in large volumes, it will be better/easier to label each pallet, however, labeling of individual pallets in a distribution center can be very difficult, specially if you are handling many products (for example >500 types of products, where every finished product has its own Allergen profile). Any Flour or product packaged in bags/paper should be segregated and labeled accordingly.

However, as said above, all the products are in enclosed cans and jars and no reprocessing or repackaging is conducted at your facility. This reduces the amount of Allergen contamination, as compared to a processing facility, where Allergen segregation is imperative.

IMO: Make sure the employees are aware of the "Big 8" Allergens and measures in case of an Allergen spillage. 

1 Thank

thank you 

Don't forget to include any cleaning products, soaps, etc. in your policy as well.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor