What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP / 2.4.3 Food Safety Plan (SQF)

Started by , Dec 15 2018 09:32 PM
4 Replies

Hi!!!

Is it mandatory to develop the HACCP plan with a multidisciplinary team, or can it be developed only by the SQF practitioner?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

The team must be multidisciplinary.. That does not mean you (as the SQF Practitioner) can not write up most of the plan and information and relay and review it/ approve it/ verify it with the rest of the team.. You can do the ground work, just be sure to involve the other team members, as you will need everyone's commitment. 

1 Like2 Thanks

Some beach volleyball is played with two members of a "team". That being said, with proper guidance and some training, a few to several can make the workload lighter for everyone and speed the process as well. It also garners involvement and helps in disseminating information going forward.

1 Like1 Thank

The team must be multidisciplinary.. That does not mean you (as the SQF Practitioner) can not write up most of the plan and information and relay and review it/ approve it/ verify it with the rest of the team.. You can do the ground work, just be sure to involve the other team members, as you will need everyone's commitment. 

I concur with Ryan H.  As the SQF Practitioner I am the HACCP Team Leader.  When our cross-functional HACCP team met for the first time, it was for three hours and we couldn't even agree how to start (even though we had all been through the same HACCP training at the same time).  I adjourned the meeting, wrote up a draft HACCP plan, and convened another meeting.  We got through the whole thing in less than an hour.  My belief is that is it can be overwhelming for a team to develop a HACCP plan from scratch, but when you have a draft on paper it is easier to look at the smaller elements and address those individually.

1 Like1 Thank

Hi!!!

Is it mandatory to develop the HACCP plan with a multidisciplinary team, or can it be developed only by the SQF practitioner?

If by "develop" you mean "involving" the HACCP team then the answer is Yes.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?