What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cheese brine specifications for yeast and mold

Started by , Jan 14 2019 06:46 PM
2 Replies
I have been looking for cheese brine specifications recently, regarding yeast and mold, and I have found a call for action in brine for yeast and mold of >50 cfu/ml. Does anyone have any suggestion on this? Regarding antimicrobial additives which one is more effective for cheese brines? Chlorine or Hydrogen Peroxide? What target concentration should be used? 

Brine Average parameters: pH ≈ 5.2 ; Degrees Baumé ≈ 19.7 ; Temp ≈ 11°C.

If anyone here has this experience I would greatly value their advice.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Cheese annalouge declaration Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese?
[Ad]

I have been looking for cheese brine specifications recently, regarding yeast and mold, and I have found a call for action in brine for yeast and mold of >50 cfu/ml. Does anyone have any suggestion on this? Regarding antimicrobial additives which one is more effective for cheese brines? Chlorine or Hydrogen Peroxide? What target concentration should be used? 

Brine Average parameters: pH ≈ 5.2 ; Degrees Baumé ≈ 19.7 ; Temp ≈ 11°C.

If anyone here has this experience I would greatly value their advice.

Thank you.

Hope this can guide you

https://hartdesign.c...olds-in-cheese/

Hope this can guide you

https://hartdesign.c...olds-in-cheese/

Naamfon, thank you for your reply!

Does anyone have an additional opinion?

Thank you.

Similar Discussion Topics
Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Cheese annalouge declaration Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese? Cheese firmness testing Measuring pH of cheese curds when making cheese Heating cheese to get a spice rub to stick ACC swabbing on a cheese cutting site Is ham and cheese croissant under FDA or USDA jurisdiction?