What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Clause 5.3.3, Do I need to do Allergen Risk assessment for Gluten

Started by , Feb 19 2019 03:03 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

We are bakery and all of our finished products contains gluten. Do I still need to do allergen risk assessment for gluten to risk of contamination to comply BRC Clause  5.3.3.

We are doing risk assessment  for other allergens as appropriate.

Thanks for your support as always.

Martin Blue

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0
[Ad]

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

We are bakery and all of our finished products contains gluten. Do I still need to do allergen risk assessment for gluten to risk of contamination to comply BRC Clause  5.3.3.

Martin Blue

Contamination -  Introduction or occurrence of an unwanted organism, taint or substance to packaging, food or the food environment. Contamination includes physical, chemical, biological and allergen contamination.

Usually (HACCP) Contamination = Cross-contamination which gluten is not.

However the BRC Glossary succeeds in being somewhat ambiguous. Congratulations  BRC !

1 Like

Hi Charles,

You nailed it.

Thanks

Martin

Obviously if all your finished goods contain gluten, no

We do make gluten free products on shared lines, so our gluten free cert depends on risk assessment and cleaning procedures and testing to ensure no cross-contamination.

Marshall

1 Thank

Obviously if all your finished goods contain gluten, no

We do make gluten free products on shared lines, so our gluten free cert depends on risk assessment and cleaning procedures and testing to ensure no cross-contamination.

Marshall

Thanks Marshall

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

Martin Blue

Hi, I worked for a bakery company for sometime.

No need.

Best wishes.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Air Sampling for Gluten presence Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree