What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSMA Training

Started by , Feb 27 2019 07:05 PM

FDA does not "require" FSPCA training. 

But just do it. It saves you justifying to FDA why you are competent if you are audited by them.

If you want to take vacation though, you need an alternate that is also trained.

Marshall

6 Replies

My family owns and operates a farm in WA state, we package our own sweet cherries and must be FSMA compliant. I have a HACCP certification/plan, registered with FDA. and  audited under GLOBAL GAP. Do I need to also obtain a PCQI Training or will my HACCP certification be enough if I update our HACCP plan to meet HARPC requirements? Any help clarifying would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods
[Ad]

In order for you to transition your HACCP to Preventive controls, you do need the FSPCA training, unless of course you have that experience to do so.

Haa your facility ever been inspected by the FDA?

No we have not. 

FDA does not "require" FSPCA training. 

But just do it. It saves you justifying to FDA why you are competent if you are audited by them.

If you want to take vacation though, you need an alternate that is also trained.

Marshall

Yeah, that's what I have decided is the best plan. Thanks everyone for the help! 

since you say that you are a farm, are you also subject to the Produce Safety Rule (21 CFR112)? There is special training required for that as well- at least one person on the farm should be qualified by training and/or experience.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods Spice Industry Environmental Monitoring Program- Ready to Eat-FSMA Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? Differences between FSMA, VQIP and FDA Audits Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) FSMA - Domestic Supplier Approval