What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are Mens Wallet Chains allowed?

Started by , Mar 04 2019 05:49 PM
9 Replies

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with men wearing a wallet chain that extends from their wallet, hooks to their belt loop but hangs about 6" - 8" down with a loop. I can't find a code on this particular item. It seems to me that it wouldn't be allowed.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distance allowed to place containers in the wall As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Bill S-211 - Forced and Child Labour in Canadian Supply Chains (audit?) Is overweight allowed and underweight not allowed according to US regulation?
[Ad]
Provide all employees with a safe place to store wallets, cigatettes etc. No personal items allowed in the factory work areas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A lot of times GMP's allow for item to be in pockets below the waist.

Most times however, people are generally not allowed to bring personal items into a company - give them a locker and that is where it stays.

It's a slippery slope.  Categorize it with jewelry - not allowed on the production floor. 

Safety issue.  I could see that chain hooking / snagging something and bad things happening thereafter...

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with men wearing a wallet chain that extends from their wallet, hooks to their belt loop but hangs about 6" - 8" down with a loop. I can't find a code on this particular item. It seems to me that it wouldn't be allowed.

Hi philre,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums and an interesting question to start with.

If they were under a lab coat I would consider it less of a problem but the problem is applying rules consistently across the site and therefore I would ban them. As Ryan has said of equal concern would be the health and safety aspects.

Kind regards,

Tony

How about locker key?

If it's placed in a pocket under the waist, there should be no problem. However it would be better if they had it stored away from the production area in lockers. Also depends on what the area is that people are working in, the level of risk...etc. 

locks with the passcode that do not require a key

folks will always state that they are worried about theft, which is a legitimate concern in large facilities.  Ask employee to remove chain problem solved

Dear philre,

in general - no personal items in production/hygiene area. All employees have a locker. The clothes have pockets only inside.

There still some questions to solve:

a) glasses including "equipment" (box, laces etc.) 

b) e.g. the locker key and some other permitted items -> offical provide phones or "pda" for auditing

c) medicine/pharmaceuticals, for some employees necessary to have nearby 

Solutions for this exemptions is very dependent on the location and could be aligned with rules knives and tools.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Distance allowed to place containers in the wall As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Bill S-211 - Forced and Child Labour in Canadian Supply Chains (audit?) Is overweight allowed and underweight not allowed according to US regulation? Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Propane forklifts allowed in storage and distribution for animal feed? Are glass beakers for sample collection allowed? Is tape on production flooring allowed? Is Unscented Hand Moisturizer Allowed Underneath Gloves?