What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Accreditation requirements for restaurants in the USA

Started by , Apr 15 2019 08:03 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone,

I was looking on information about mandatory certification (about food safety) in order to open a restaurant in the USA, but couldn't find anything official.

But i know that, as many other countries, food handlers in food establishments must have some kind of accreditation (mostly delivered by approved courses programs).

Is there anything official asking for it? I searched on couties' websites and foodsafety.gov without success....

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cannot get SALSA accreditation because of using co-packer What are the implications of producing a product outside the scope of accreditation? Will FSSC 22000 5.1 - 2.5.1 apply to equipment calibration service to gain accreditation - ISO 17025? Strategies in Vendor Accreditation in the new normal Which BRC Accreditation should Drinking Straws come under?
[Ad]

In the USA, restaurants are covered by the state.

For certification, it depends on the state and sometimes city as well. In some states, being ServSafe certified or its equivalent (servsafe is the most common one) is required. In some cities, all employees must have a food handlers license or be servsafe certified.

https://www.fda.gov/...e/ucm122814.htm

https://restaurant.org/Home

Similar Discussion Topics
Cannot get SALSA accreditation because of using co-packer What are the implications of producing a product outside the scope of accreditation? Will FSSC 22000 5.1 - 2.5.1 apply to equipment calibration service to gain accreditation - ISO 17025? Strategies in Vendor Accreditation in the new normal Which BRC Accreditation should Drinking Straws come under? ISO 17025 UKAS Accreditation Requirements MAST Iceland -- sufficient? Equivalent to BRC accreditation? In Australia, What is the most basic HACCP accreditation? Benefits of UKAS testing accreditation Seeking advice on laboratory accreditation audit