What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

The Lost Art Of Goal Achievement

Started by , Apr 05 2004 08:58 PM
2 Replies
The Lost Art of Goal Achievement: Emotions are the Key
By Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.

After consulting for over three hundred companies and doing presentations for a couple of thousand more, I have found that they all have one thing in common. Businesses all over the world have had to face the fact that goal setting is a lot easier than goal achieving.

I have seen dozens of impressively bound and documented strategic plans collecting dust after the goals set at the expensive off-site were unrealized. There are any number of excuses that prevented success; fires that had to be put out, the economy, or my dog ate my homework. Being a seasoned strategic planner, I have the right to say, "I hate it when that happens."

Read Full Article

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Goal of X Rays per Costco Is current BRC Certificate lost if critical defect found at the audit? Feeling Lost Regarding Scope
[Ad]
Football supporters quickly remove snow from the field to see the match

Ask them to do any work and wait for the reply

Football supporters quickly remove snow from the field to see the match    Ask them to do any work and wait for the reply 

I would prefer to eat the yellow snow from the football field boss.

Similar Discussion Topics
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Goal of X Rays per Costco Is current BRC Certificate lost if critical defect found at the audit? Feeling Lost Regarding Scope Lost HACCP Record - what to do about it? FSA News post lost its mind-or only me they are picking on Lost product identification when product reaches customer site Is Cost Reduction a QA Manager Achievement or Objective? SQF Quality Achievement Award