What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Mandatory documents - BRC for Food Safety Issue 8

Started by , Jun 06 2019 07:28 AM
15 Replies

Hi

Can anyone share the list of mandatory procedures, records and other documents required for BRC issue 8. A consolidated list would be helpful.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart? Is it mandatory to have NSF registration for Food Grade Lubricants?
[Ad]

Hi

Can anyone share the list of mandatory procedures, records and other documents required for BRC issue 8. A consolidated list would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi, these are the documents required for  BRC 8.

BRC-Food-Issue8-document-list.xlsx   19.86KB   589 downloads

4 Thanks

Process you are involved in? HACCP? USDA? FDA?

BRC Issue 8 has over 300 clauses that would be considered mandatory if you want to reach certification status. 

Are you wanting a condensed list of the requirements to comply with the BRC Food Safety issue 8 standard? :uhm:

The BRC standard itself is a pretty good consolidated list of their procedures & requirements etc. I don't think a more condensed list would not cover the requirements sufficiently. Actually I'd highly recommend getting a copy of the Interpretation Guidelines (£125 from BRC bookshop) which offer more guidance into each clause, and even then there is some potential for misinterpretation.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but could you give some background info ... are you a manufacturer looking to get BRC accredited?

1 Thank

Interpretation guidelines are free if you are a member of BRC Participate

1 Thank

Hi

Thanks

Just search the Standard for "Procedure"

=143 hits on my PC.

If they all relate to yr Product/Process, you will know the (mandatory) answer.

Similarly "document" = 145 hits

"Others" is rather more  problematic. :smile:

1 Like1 Thank

Process you are involved in? HACCP? USDA? FDA?

BRC Issue 8 has over 300 clauses that would be considered mandatory if you want to reach certification status.Processing of dry fruits

Processing of dry fruits.HACCP

Are you wanting a condensed list of the requirements to comply with the BRC Food Safety issue 8 standard? :uhm:

The BRC standard itself is a pretty good consolidated list of their procedures & requirements etc. I don't think a more condensed list would not cover the requirements sufficiently. Actually I'd highly recommend getting a copy of the Interpretation Guidelines (£125 from BRC bookshop) which offer more guidance into each clause, and even then there is some potential for misinterpretation.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but could you give some background info ... are you a manufacturer looking to get BRC accredited?

Thanks ..BRC standard is quite informative but was looking for some consolidated list.

I would go through the BRC standard and every clause that states procedure you will require one for you facility.  To make things easier I created a cheat sheet and every clause I identified the relevant evidence to meet the requirement.  Seems to really help and makes it all run quite smoothly.

1 Like1 Thank

I would go through the BRC standard and every clause that states procedure you will require one for you facility.  To make things easier I created a cheat sheet and every clause I identified the relevant evidence to meet the requirement.  Seems to really help and makes it all run quite smoothly.

Thanks Jim, can you share the same ?..cheers

Unfortunately I tried and our companies security administrator would not allow me to paste a sample.

Hello, I am working on develop the documents and create that list, I would like to ask you In case of the Clause 4.7, which is audited on plant what kind of documentation you place on plant as evidence that you meet the requirement?. Some of the clauses are in orange and how the documentation is checked in that case? 

Hello, I am working on develop the documents and create that list, I would like to ask you In case of the Clause 4.7, which is audited on plant what kind of documentation you place on plant as evidence that you meet the requirement?. Some of the clauses are in orange and how the documentation is checked in that case? 

IMEX this is one of those clauses that sits in an odd place and really should have been coloured orange/green, rather than just orange. Never had a problem maintaining a separate checklist/schedule that lives in the production office, provided that all of the items on it can readily be identified as relating to a piece of equipment and vice-versa. In practice I've found that auditors will make a note of a few bits of equipment during the site tour, and then ask to see maintenance records for those at the relevant stage.

You need a documented schedule of planned maintenance or a condition monitoring system which includes all plant and processing equipment.  Also document any temporary repairs, which shows they are or will be permanently repaired as soon as practicable.  You also need a documented hygiene clearance procedure.  We have a maintenance book for all plant and equipment which is completed by maintenance person when he does a repair or maintenance and he also records that it has a hygiene clearance (i.e. cleaning carried out before restart) And finally a cleaning register/schedule to show workshops are being cleaned

Can anyone have document templates for BRC Issue 8

Can anyone have document templates for BRC Issue 8

Full manual template available from IFSQN here: https://www.ifsqn.co...ategory/11-brc/

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart? Is it mandatory to have NSF registration for Food Grade Lubricants? PCQI Training - Is it mandatory? Is it mandatory to implement allergen control programs if we declare the allergen on the label? Is it mandatory that roasting of chickpeas must be CCP? SQF 2.4.7 - is product release mandatory? Are ceilings mandatory according to BRC standards?