What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Water test risk assessment

Started by , Jun 26 2019 10:26 AM
4 Replies
Hi all,
Could you please share with me a risk assessment for the water test point in different part of production? I am reviewing our water test schedule as it is not based on risk assessment. I need to do a risk assessment on different hoses in high care, medium care and low care room and find out which area we require to do the sampling for micro test.
Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5%
[Ad]

Hi all,
Could you please share with me a risk assessment for the water test point in different part of production? I am reviewing our water test schedule as it is not based on risk assessment. I need to do a risk assessment on different hoses in high care, medium care and low care room and find out which area we require to do the sampling for micro test.
Kind regards

Hi Quality Assurance,

A risk assessment for "what" ? And possibly for Whom ?

Hi Quality Assurance,

A risk assessment for "what" ? And possibly for Whom ?

Hi Charles,

I am referring to BRC 4.5.1.

Hi Charles,

I am referring to BRC 4.5.1.

Hi FSA,

Thanks clarification.

All water (including ice and steam) used as a raw material in the manufacture of processed food, the
preparation of product, hand-washing or for equipment or plant cleaning shall be supplied in sufficient
quantity, be potable at point of use or pose no risk of contamination according to applicable legislation.
The microbiological and chemical quality of water shall be analysed at least annually. The sampling
points, scope of the test and frequency of analysis shall be based on risk, taking into account the source
of the water, on-site storage and distribution facilities, previous sample history and usage

BRC just love "based on risk".

Clearly the water must everywhere in Production be potable. This typically defines scope of analysis via Local Regs. And relevant limits.

Are you using Metropolitan  Water Supply ? (makes life easier).

Do you have an in-house micro lab ? (also makes life easier).

IM(BRC)EX many factories do condensed micro sampling at least monthly + (much) larger BCP analysis set annually.. (IIRC both sort of based on EC Directive relating Production water quality)

For locational frequencies, a typical risk-based response for routine analysis might be to construct a list for each area supplied then weight the relative sampling frequencies based on product risk status at point of usage.

The (BRC) I.G. maybe has specific suggestions ?.

Thanks a lot.

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Customer complaints for excess water in onions Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Water testing at new facility