What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sealing of Ready-To-Eat Product

Started by , Jun 27 2019 11:04 AM
6 Replies

Hi all,

I have an enquiry on sealing of packaging. My company produces RTE meat patties/nuggets. They are packed into plastic packaging bag before packing them into cartons. My question is after packing the products into the plastic packaging bag, does the bag need to be fully sealed?

Appreciate your responses.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Harmful components that produced from sealing Poly ethylene bags Seeking Idea for Sealing Gap Beneath Sliding Door Best solution for hot sealing packages? Vertical packaging machine sealing jaws material Jar collapsing/denting after induction sealing
[Ad]

Hello, and welcome,

Correct me if I've misinterpreted, but are you asking if you can dispatch a RTE meat product that is exposed to the environment? How would you control contamination if the bags are not sealed?

Yes, the products will be exposed (packaging not sealed) but once the products are packed into the packaging bag in the high risk area, they will immediately be transferred, placed into carton and sealed. Cartons are palletized, shrink wrapped and stored in freezer. They are maintained in frozen throughout the transportation and distribution chain. Are there any requirements that specify that products must be fully sealed in bags?

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit to not fully closing the bag? Time?

it Dependson Process Requirement that hoq qucickly you process it

Frozen meat products is not exactly RTE. Could be RTC or RTRH?

Either way, if this is RTE, the packaging should be sealed to prevent potential contamination.

Think of it this way, if you were the customer picking up a poorly sealed product, you would likely not buy it.

Yes, the products will be exposed (packaging not sealed) but once the products are packed into the packaging bag in the high risk area, they will immediately be transferred, placed into carton and sealed. Cartons are palletized, shrink wrapped and stored in freezer. They are maintained in frozen throughout the transportation and distribution chain.

Are there any requirements that specify that products must be fully sealed in bags?

I presume this is a retail pack.

Perhaps you should additionally review yr answer  in Post 3 in the context of onward usage.

IMEX a sealing requirement is usually in the detailed Product Specification which is mutually agreed with the customer.

Similar Discussion Topics
Harmful components that produced from sealing Poly ethylene bags Seeking Idea for Sealing Gap Beneath Sliding Door Best solution for hot sealing packages? Vertical packaging machine sealing jaws material Jar collapsing/denting after induction sealing CPet sealing issue ( film ) Urgent Heat Sealing as OPRP Heat sealing -manual equipment CCP at capping bottle and sealing