What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Frozen receiving consider as CCP or not

Started by , Aug 03 2019 01:35 PM
7 Replies
Dear all
Would like to seek your expertise advice.
Do/Will you consider frozen receiving e.g raw and processed food as a CCP?

Anywhere I may refer besides using HACCP ccp decision tree to decide?

Thanks.
Rgds

Sent from my vivo 1609 using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps
[Ad]

It depends on what your processes are, Is that specific process (the frozen receiving) going to eliminate or reduce any hazards you have identified? Yes you have to do your HACCP decision tree along with your HA to determine. 

1 Like
If it is a third party frozen warehouse, keeping all readily processed products.
Frozen receiving is a ccp as no subsequence step to eliminate it.

Appreciate your kind sharing on your view.

Rgds

Dear all
Would like to seek your expertise advice.
Do/Will you consider frozen receiving e.g raw and processed food as a CCP?

Anywhere I may refer besides using HACCP ccp decision tree to decide?

Thanks.
Rgds

Hi kylo,

These days, IMEX, this stage is almost always designated as a Prerequisite program.

Hi Kylo

Yes if you receive product frozen and and it is perishable at room temperature (as short shelve life) then it should be classified as CCP.

Regards

Dr Humaid Khan

Managing Director 

Halal International Services

Australia

I'm sure the opinions will differ depending on product but we receive frozen fruits, vegetables and breads and don't have frozen receipt as a CCP as to my knowledge it isn't critical to food safety. Coming in above temperature would still be cause for a rejection on the basis of re-freezing the product affecting the quality however.

I would agree to consider it as a Pre-requisite program (as mentioned in post 4 above).

If it is a third party frozen warehouse, keeping all readily processed products.
Frozen receiving is a ccp as no subsequence step to eliminate it.

Appreciate your kind sharing on your view.

Rgds

Most of the time receiving is a prerequisite program, process control program in most industries.

However some industries it is a CCP, because it is industry norm and/or customer requirement (e.g airline catering).

So in the context given above,

Q1: Do preventive control measure exist = YES

Q2: Is the step specifically designed to eliminate or reduce the likely occurrence of a hazard to an acceptable level = NO

Q3: Could contamination of identified hazard/s occur in excess of acceptable level = YES (if frozen processed RTE is thawed, growth of microorganism can occur)

Q4: Will a subsequent step eliminate identified hazard/s or reduce likely occurrence to an acceptable level = NO

Then, CCP.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Customer labeling of frozen pizza IQF (Individual Quick Frozen) Certficiation What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Transportation of a frozen ingredient High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries