What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Defrosting Meat at low temperatures

Started by , Aug 05 2019 04:56 AM
3 Replies

I am working with a meat cutting plant that operates fridges at 2oC. We would like to defrost product for for sale and I am looking for defrost times at this temperature, if possible from a reliable source that can be used for verification purposes.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cold Storage Warehouse Personnel Defrosting Shelf life of products after defrosting frozen food What action to take if freezer malfunction has caused slight defrosting of product? How to valdate defrosting of chickens? How long can you keep Frozen Baked Cakes after defrosting?
[Ad]

I am working with a meat cutting plant that operates fridges at 2oC. We would like to defrost product for for sale and I am looking for defrost times at this temperature, if possible from a reliable source that can be used for verification purposes.

Do you mean "thaw" from a core temperature of -18degC to room temperature using a fridge at 2degC.

Or do you mean "thaw" from 2degC  to RT ?

Or ????

wrapped ?

air flow (if any)?

thickness / shape ?

The product is vacpacked meat of 1.5kg to be defrosted from a core temperature of -18oC at a fridge temperature of 2oC.

The product is vacpacked meat of 1.5kg to be defrosted from a core temperature of -18oC at a fridge temperature of 2oC.

Thanks Rob,

Assuming it's "quite"  thick, slab shape, and in something like a home fridge, I predict it will be very, very slow.

Similar Discussion Topics
Cold Storage Warehouse Personnel Defrosting Shelf life of products after defrosting frozen food What action to take if freezer malfunction has caused slight defrosting of product? How to valdate defrosting of chickens? How long can you keep Frozen Baked Cakes after defrosting? Defrosting cooked pasta sauce in 8 degree C cold room Defrosting / thawing of sample for analysis Are there any dangers in defrosting and refreezing chicken? Trading Standards Help! Freezing-Defrosting Issue Decanting / Defrosting Procedure