What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Face Brick Wall Cleaning

Started by , Aug 12 2019 03:08 PM
4 Replies

Hi everyone,

Can someone please assist. Our facility has face brick walls, and I'm struggling with a cleaning procedure. I have searched the internet high and low without luck.

Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Fogging of glasses while wearing face masks Can beard nets safely be used in lieu of face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19? Face Mask Design Competition Mask/ Face covering Policy
[Ad]

Find out what the wall is made of first (fiberglass? drywall? plastic?). Then you google how to clean [wall material] in google.

1 Thank

Face brick walls can be washed down with soap and water and rinsed.

However, that is for natural brick - you need to determine if there are any additives/chemicals in the brick composition to ensure no interaction.

And... from my hotel inspection days we had to trouble shoot a lot of brick faced hotels due to white staining - this was caused by harvesting the sand to make the bricks or the facing material from high-salt content sand (we found a company that was taking beach sand and making bricks) -- if that is the case you will continue to see the stains come thru along with built up of salt at the junctions and bottoms of the walls.

1 Thank

I seem to recall reading that blasting with a water jet containing baking soda was the cheapskate's way of cleaning brick.

1 Thank

Dry ice may work too

CAUTION:  Bricks are permeable..............too aggressive when cleaning will cause them to deteriorate and fall apart

Can you gently clean and then form a cleanable layer over top?  Like strap the brick with wood strapping and then put up puck board?

Similar Discussion Topics
Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Fogging of glasses while wearing face masks Can beard nets safely be used in lieu of face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19? Face Mask Design Competition Mask/ Face covering Policy Questions on the new requirement for employees to wear face masks Face Mask Risk Assessments for Use in Facilities In light of Covid-19 is anyone making face masks mandatory in their facilities? Can this be optional? Can face shields be cleaned, sanitised and then reused? Does anyone have information regarding the extended use of cloth face masks being hazardous to health?