What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Categorization of Sieving of Milk Powder from BRC Food (issue 8)

Started by , Aug 25 2019 05:55 PM
3 Replies

Hi, 

i am working for a company which sieves 25kg powdered milk sacs into 1kg milk packs, and i wanted to know as per BRC Food (Issue 8), how this section of sieving to be categorized as:

- High risk or, 

- High Care, or,

-Ambient high care or, 

- Low risk,

thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Control measure is categorization to PRP? ISO 22000 8.5.2.4 Selection and categorization of control measures Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions ISO 22000 8.5.2.4.1 - 8.5.2.4: Selection and categorization of control measure(s) Risk Categorization of Imported Foods
[Ad]

Hi, 

i am working for a company which sieves 25kg powdered milk sacs into 1kg milk packs, and i wanted to know as per BRC Food (Issue 8), how this section of sieving to be categorized as:

- High risk or, 

- High Care, or,

-Ambient high care or, 

- Low risk,

thanks.

Hi consultant,

You will probably have to study/evaluate your flowchart as related to the BRC system in BRC8 Standard's Appendix.

Agree with Charles.C, you need to evaluate risk associated with the sieving process.

IMO this step comes under high risk area coz you are opening 25 Kg bulk pack and dumping in some large container which then conveyed to small pack sizes. If this is the case then you are exposing the milk powder to environment. But it all depends on your risk assessment.

regards

Mahantesh

Don't forget to address the sieve apparatus.  We have had customers come to us with pieces of screens in their product looking for our sieving control system.  Currently it this to be high risk.

Similar Discussion Topics
Control measure is categorization to PRP? ISO 22000 8.5.2.4 Selection and categorization of control measures Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions ISO 22000 8.5.2.4.1 - 8.5.2.4: Selection and categorization of control measure(s) Risk Categorization of Imported Foods CCP and OPRP Categorization for Metal Detection Selection and categorization of control measure(s)-ISO 22000:2018-Clause 8.5.2.4 Decision tree for the selection and categorization of control measures? Raw Material and Ingredient Specification Categorization FSSC 22000 - Categorization of OPRP and CCP