What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bioterrorism Statement and FDA FSMA Statement

Started by , Sep 06 2019 04:29 AM
4 Replies

Hello,

I have written an FDA Facility Registration Statement for a customer.  I have received other requests for a Bioterrorism Statement and an FDA FSMA Statement.  What is the difference in these last two statements and my facility registration statement?  Can someone give me an example of the Bioterrorism Statement and FDA FSMA Statement?  I am having a hard time understanding what they want differently and how to word it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Val

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Letter of Compliance with Bioterrorism Act of 2001 4.15 ISO/TS 22002-4: 2013 - Food Defence and Bioterrorism Guidelines on Food Defense and Bioterrorism Does the FDA Bioterrorism Act apply to packaging materials? Food Defence, Biovigilance & Bioterrorism
[Ad]

My belief is that a bioterroism statement refers to your intentional adulteration program. So something along the lines of we have a food defense program in place including protecting from intentional adulteration. We test it annually....

What about the FSMA letter?  How is that different? 

FSMA statements generally refer to the site's compliance with FSMA regulations, it doesn't have to be too complicated.  I think in the past I've just created a general letter that stated along the lines of "Company A is in compliance with FDA Food Safety Modernization Act of 2011 and actively employs a food safety program that includes (hazard analysis, preventive controls, allergen controls, sanitation program, etc., whatever your program includes).  Details of this program are available for review at our facility upon request..."

They don't have to be different if you specifically mention Food Defense including intentional adulteration in your FSMA letter.

https://www.ifsqn.co...sm-act-of-2001/ - for examples of how to write it and combine with your FSMA letter.

Similar Discussion Topics
Letter of Compliance with Bioterrorism Act of 2001 4.15 ISO/TS 22002-4: 2013 - Food Defence and Bioterrorism Guidelines on Food Defense and Bioterrorism Does the FDA Bioterrorism Act apply to packaging materials? Food Defence, Biovigilance & Bioterrorism Biovigilance, Food Defense and Bioterrorism Manual or Procedure Bioterrorism - Emergency preparedness as per ISO 22000 documentation Bioterrorism and Food Safety Theory Bioterrorism