What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to conduct an annual re-evaluation of food fraud?

Started by , Sep 18 2019 02:14 PM
9 Replies

Hi every one,

I was wondering if any one can help me with this : 

1- How did you do to re evaluate after one years you food fraud of raw material ?

2- Did any one has done the vulnerabiblity assesement for the packaging material ? is it required ? and howe about food contact and non food contact is this case ?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention
[Ad]

You should do a review of all published news items on food fraud for your raw materials, and type up a little report.  Then redo the Vulnerability Assessments taking that new info into account.  If you have very few raw materials, it's best to just redo the Vulnerability Assessments on all of them.  The packaging Vulnerability Assessment is just like the others, with a check made that they are (still) food grade. 

Review all recent news and data on food fraud, some resources will even name top materials vulnerable for food fraud for a certain period. Discuss with your purchasing if there is any price fluctuation (significant, often, unnstable supply) among the raw materials you used - these can be indicate materials vulnerable to food fraud. Review new suppliers, supplier relationship etc. and document your review. This is how i reassess my food fraud vulnerability on a yearly basis.

1 Thank

Review all recent news and data on food fraud, some resources will even name top materials vulnerable for food fraud for a certain period. Discuss with your purchasing if there is any price fluctuation (significant, often, unnstable supply) among the raw materials you used - these can be indicate materials vulnerable to food fraud. Review new suppliers, supplier relationship etc. and document your review. This is how i reassess my food fraud vulnerability on a yearly basis.

Thanks Majoy. The reason for talking with procurement about price fluctuation, is it because that a low-than-usual price would be more chance of fraud?

Hi every one,

I was wondering if any one can help me with this : 

1- How did you do to re evaluate after one years you food fraud of raw material ?

2- Did any one has done the vulnerabiblity assesement for the packaging material ? is it required ? and howe about food contact and non food contact is this case ?

Thank you

Pls clarify -

FS Standard ? (Note that different Standards may have different expectations)

Clause ?

Product ?

Pls clarify -

FS Standard ? (Note that different Standards may have different expectations)

Clause ?

Product ?

WE are SQF certified 

Thank you for the help. 

HI all 

Thanks for the comments, 

Does any one have conduct the packaging vulnabity for SQF cert. ? are auditor asking for that ? 

Thanks

You should do a review of all published news items on food fraud for your raw materials, and type up a little report.  Then redo the Vulnerability Assessments taking that new info into account.  If you have very few raw materials, it's best to just redo the Vulnerability Assessments on all of them.  The packaging Vulnerability Assessment is just like the others, with a check made that they are (still) food grade. 

From your comments : 

Do I have just to look of food grad ?? (for packaging) 

This risk is already done in the evaluation on the intrs. 

thanks

From your comments : 

thanks

Sorry but "grad", "intrs" not intelligible.

Regardless, to reevaluate, you simply need to update the data which was used in yr original vulnerability assessment (see Posts 2,3) then repeat the assessment.

From your comments : 

thanks

As Charles.C says, this is a simple matter of determining that nothing has changed since the last time, and writing that up.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces