What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

If you have a HACCP Plan can you claim you are HACCP Certified?

Started by , Jan 03 2020 02:52 AM
4 Replies
If a small company(ingredient broker) has a HACCP plan created, does this mean they can claim to be HACCP certified? Or are there other steps to take before claiming to be HACCP certified
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

This should answer your question nicely --

https://haccpmentor....-certification/

I have no affiliation with this website.

1 Thank

A food safety practitioner can be certified by a 3rd party as being trained in HACCP principles.  A manufacturing site can be certified as having an adequate HACCP program.

Please note that this is 3rd certification.  You cannot certify yourself or your facility as being HACCP certified.

You can tell your customers that you have a HACCP plan, but they will probably ask for:

(1)   A copy of your HACCP plan,

(2)  and/or a copy of some 3rd party audit/certification.

This should answer your question nicely --

https://haccpmentor....-certification/

I have no affiliation with this website.

Thks useful link. I added below for convenience.

Haccp Certification.pdf   192.2KB   19 downloads

They CAN be certified if the plan is approved by a certifying body through a 3rd party audit. Having a plan is only the beginning. You could analyze the plan and determine if it is adequate and approve them as a supplier based on your assessment of their plan if you feel comfortable with that or require a 3rd party certification.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality'