What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

When should the HACCP / TACCP / VACCP Plan be reviewed?

Started by , Jan 16 2020 05:34 AM
3 Replies

When the HACCP / TACCP / VACCP , Food defense Plan should be review ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP Meeting checklist
[Ad]

Is this for a particular certification scheme?

I believe most standards would suggest at least once per year as a routine review, but you'd also need to review in the event of potential changes that could affect the plan(s).

1 Thank

Hi Vijay, I tend to review and update these documents every January as this is a quiet time for us which allows me to lend plenty of time to it (I would guess choosing a month to dedicate to all reviews is fairly standard practice). Most certification bodies would expect at minimum an annual review but as pHruit stated above you should also review it when changes are made to products or operations that are not covered currently or when these changes render the current documentation obsolete. Make sure there's a header or footer on each page stating the date of review and the next scheduled review month

An auditor told me that Plans should be reviewed about 6 months after/before the scheduled audit.  He cited a number of reasons.  First, you need time since the last audit for the system to adjust to any changes implemented due to the audit findings.  Second, you need to allow time before the scheduled audit, because if a serious issue is discovered, at least 3 months of monitoring data will be needed to show that the problem has been brought under control, plus whatever time it takes to actually bring the problem under control.  Third, seasonal issues such as insects and fluctuating storage temperatures need to be highlighted either by the audit itself or during the review.

Similar Discussion Topics
Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?