What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corrective action is mentioned in 2 different places of ISO 22000:2018, clause 8.9.3 and clause 10.1…what is the difference?

Started by , Feb 01 2020 01:10 AM
3 Replies

Hi Dears 

Corrective action requirement is repeated in 2 places in  ISO22000:2018 standard. The first is under clause no.8.9.3 and the other is under clause no. 10.1 . What is the difference between them ?
I understand the following : 

• Clause 8.9.3 is talking about non-conformity and corrective action regarding    operation (related to product ) such as deviation from CCPs/OPRPs /PRPs / Non-conformed product/customer complaint  
  • Clause 10.1  is talking about  non-conformity and corrective action regarding the management system  such as non-conformity which resulted  from internal audit  

Is my understanding is correct ? 

Thanks
Mohamed

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy
[Ad]

Dear Tawfik,

My understanding is also same as yours. Correction and corrective action is applied wherever non-conformity occurs, to process (CCPs/OPRPs failure), internal audit NCs, end product NCs, etc.

hello Mohamed 

interesting question, and as per experience, 8.9.3 refers to CCPs or action criteria in the OPRP.

meanwhile 10.1 is a general corrective action management, beyond the HACCP

best regards,

Leila

1 Like

By definition -

corrective action
action to eliminate the cause of a nonconformity (3.28) and to prevent recurrence

Note 1 to entry: There can be more than one cause for a nonconformity.
Note 2 to entry: Corrective action includes cause analysis.

nonconformity
non-fulfilment of a requirement
(3.38)

requirement
need or expectation that is stated, generally implied or obligatory

Note  1  to  entry:  “Generally  implied”  means  that  it  is  custom  or  common  practice  for  the  organization  and
interested parties that the need or expectation under consideration is implied.
Note 2 to entry: A specified requirement is one that is stated, for example in documented information.

Similar Discussion Topics
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy SQF Backflow Corrective Actions Correction or corrective action in EMP Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can someone assist with the corrective actions