What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Has anyone conducted a risk assessment on their product and proved that a metal detector is not needed?

Started by , Mar 02 2020 05:42 PM
7 Replies

Hi I am Booh and in need of  a Risk Assessment Template. Has anyone did a risk assessment on their product and prove that metal detector is not needed? Do you have a template or form that we can use?

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Example of a risk assessment template Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Health & Safety Risk Assessment
[Ad]

Might be useful to know - what's the product, what other controls do you have in place, and what (if any) certification standards are you working with? (e.g. BRC has some very specific ideas about metal detection).

1 Like1 Thank

Your Hazard Analysis from your HACCP plan is the perfect template  :thumbup:

1 Thank

Our product is food aerosol, SQF Food Safety ( Manufacturing) and Quality Codes edition 8. Our Controls are vendor management program, allergen, sanitation, and process control ( filter). NO CCP.

From the top of my head, I believe you use different types of propellants (or one), where is the propellant coming out of? Is it free of foreign material? Do you do testing? How are you ensuring the propellant is free of physical contamination...

Yes, we do testing. We have 4  types. The product will not spray if there is any physical contamination. Our preventive process control are filters and sieves.

Hi I am Booh and in need of a Risk Assessment Template. Has anyone did a risk assessment on their product and prove that metal detector is not needed? Do you have a template or form that we can use?

Thank you.

We produce egg products. We use only sieves 1 mm...special sieves...like drilled tube with many holes 1 mm.
Sieve must be in every filling line at the end.
Brc gives scheme how to assess need for metal detector.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
1 Thank

Hi I am Booh and in need of  a Risk Assessment Template. Has anyone did a risk assessment on their product and prove that metal detector is not needed? Do you have a template or form that we can use?

Thank you.

I assume the item(s) receiving the aerosol is RTE and not intended for a sensitive consumer, eg children.

Have a look at this thread for some SQF-related comments-

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry105799

One "logical" justification for the non-use of an MD could be Yes answers to queries like -

(1) Is the sieve screening implemented at final stage of product flow penultimate to "packing"  stage?

(2) is the sieve screen size  capable (validated?) of removing foreign material of a size smaller than a metal detector ?

TBH, I'm rather surprised that the sieve is not a CCP.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Example of a risk assessment template Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Health & Safety Risk Assessment BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?