What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Literature on growth of coagulasis + staphylococci

Started by , May 04 2020 05:41 PM

Hi,

I just realized that I only have min. and max. temperatures on the growth of staphylococci, but nothing on how quick they grow in different temperatures 

Does anyone has good literature on the growth of bacteria at a given temperature (pH value, salt content and so on)?

What I am really looking for are tables.

Does anyone have sources (books, papers) on that?

Thanks a lot,

Hi Lucas,

I guess you are mainly interested in S.aureus ?

If so, there is a mass of Google data available but which typically uses various food matrices, eg 

I haven't checked back but one popular reference for such data is Microorganisms in Food Vol 5 - Characteristics of Microbial Pathogens

(partly available on-line as a Google Book)

PS - if yr main interest is the group, one standard reference is Bergey's Manual of systematic bacteriology

2 Replies

Hi,

I just realized that I only have min. and max. temperatures on the growth of staphylococci, but nothing on how quick they grow in different temperatures 

Does anyone has good literature on the growth of bacteria at a given temperature (pH value, salt content and so on)?

Thanks a lot,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Literature Validation of thermal treatment Literature and other information on Food Safety Culture UK/EU Food Law Literature Literature references for cooking temp & holding time of sauce Literature on carbon monoxide exposure to fresh produce?
[Ad]

Hi,

Thanks a lot,

Hi Lucas,

I guess you are mainly interested in S.aureus ?

If so, there is a mass of Google data available but which typically uses various food matrices, eg 

Growth S.aureus on Rice cake.pdf   1.72MB   12 downloads

I haven't checked back but one popular reference for such data is Microorganisms in Food Vol 5 - Characteristics of Microbial Pathogens

(partly available on-line as a Google Book)

PS - if yr main interest is the group, one standard reference is Bergey's Manual of systematic bacteriology

1 Thank

Thank you, that was very helpfull :-)

Similar Discussion Topics
Literature Validation of thermal treatment Literature and other information on Food Safety Culture UK/EU Food Law Literature Literature references for cooking temp & holding time of sauce Literature on carbon monoxide exposure to fresh produce? Seeking literature sources for food science BSs dissertation Online Literature Access - Recommendations Literature about ISO 22000/IFS/BRC Implementation